Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Easy Enchiladas

Want a 5 ingredient, super easy weeknight meal?  Ever try making enchiladas?  It's another versitle, use whatever you've got on hand type of dish.  If you have extra veggies, beans, meat or cheese, these all work great as fillings.  Just today I made enchiladas from leftover refried beans, scallions and onion.  I used a canned enchilada sauce (I use very little packaged food, but every once in a while it's quite handy) and store bought whole grain tortillas.  The only cheese I had grated was mozerella.  Of course this isn't your typical mexican cheese, but on top of the enchiladas it was delicious.  You pretty much can't go wrong with melted cheese, right?
So... All I did was pour a little sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish.  Then I spread a few spoonfuls of beans on top of a tortilla, sprinkled on some scallions and diced onion.  I rolled the tortilla and put seam side down in the pan.  I continued until my pan was full.  Then I poured enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas, topped with shredded cheese and popped it into a 350F degree oven.  I baked until bubbly then enjoyed with plain yogurt and chopped cilantro.  It was fabulous and sooooo easy! 
Play with your cheeses and fillings to find a combination you love. 
Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment