Monday, June 14, 2010

Mangoes and cottage cheese

What's this? Two posts in one day! Yes, the wonders never cease. This is just a quickie, but a goodie. I am sitting down right now to one of my absolute favorite snacks... fat-free cottage cheese with cut up mango and some organic strawberries. If you've never tried mango, I can't recommend that you buck up and take the plunge more. It's sweet and vitamin rich. Paired with creamy cottage cheese or yogurt it makes a flavorful and satisfying snack.


need advice for how to choose and serve mangos, check out this link.

3 comments:

  1. Meggan,
    Did you know that for many generations brazilians believed that eating mango with milk could be fatal? The belief stems from the commands of slave owners and you can find people who avoid it still.

    My favorite sliced mango, vanila yogurt and sliced almonds was strongly discouraged by my sister-in-law. In Rio mango gelato is often sorbet rather than icecream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...so along the snack post...I am having a terrible time with snacks that aren't processed. I also am really trying to watch my weight and would LOVE a post about healthy snack foods and how to make them. I made homemade granola with honey this week and LOVED it with Vanilla Yogurt...which I am still buying processed but desperately trying to find a good almond milk yogurt recipe as we are trying to get away from a lot of dairy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea, Leah. Let me think about some of my favorite snack foods. I'll try to post in the next few days :-)

    ReplyDelete